tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] SOC temporary committer Anders Nyman
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 18:14:05 GMT
At 12:52 PM 7/11/2005, Mladen Turk wrote:

>I have developed, and I am developing the majority of the code
>without being connected to the CVS all the time.

It's important for students involved with SoC to learn to use
the tools of our organization; and it's equally important that
we capture the history and evolution of the code, from its
infancy through the process of peer review.  A code dump isn't
what we are looking for, and the code should be developed
incrementally with peer/mentor review.

-1 to any SoC happening outside of Tomcat's purview.  +1 to
creating a sandbox for this project so the effort can be
merged back in, trivially, if and when it's successful (that
includes successful peer review, the usual 3 +1's etc.)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message