tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jérôme Chauvin <jerome.chau...@opsomai.com>
Subject Re: binary streaming / content-type problem with mod_jk ?
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:57:03 GMT
Thanks for your answer Henri :)
I agree with you, finally I don't think the problem comes from mod_jk
It may be Apache (using mod_jk and Tomcat) like described by Stuart
Hynd in his post on this page : http://www.junlu.com/msg/107218.html

Or, perhaps, QuickTime 6 which is more "weaker" than QT7 which doesn't
care about the thing which makes the problem (and I would like to know
where this thing comes from).

But the incredible thing is that, using this :
http://localhost:8080/my_test/BinaryStreaming    it works perfectly on
QT6  (without the 8080 port, the latence problem appears -> QT6 or the
servlet or Apache, is waiting for the video file entirely created
before starting to play it)...

Any other suggestions or opinions about this mystery ? :)

Jérôme Chauvin

OPSOMAI
77, rue de Charonne
75011 Paris - France
Tél : +33 (0)1 58 39 38 22
Fax : +33 (0)1 43 70 70 72
@ : jerome.chauvin@opsomai.com

Le 20 juil. 05, à 23:24, Henri Gomez a écrit :

> not true, mod_jk didn't change the mime type provided by servlet
> output.
>
> I'm doing it on productions servers to handle on the fly generated PDFs
>
> 2005/7/20, Jérôme Chauvin <jerome.chauvin@opsomai.com>:
>> Any ideas ?
>> It would be helpful :)
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jérôme Chauvin
>>
>> Le 19 juil. 05, à 10:09, Jérôme Chauvin a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi all !
>>>
>>> I've developed a servlet ("BinaryStreaming" based on
>>> "StreamingContent" by Raj Behera) which does a binary stream of a
>>> mpeg
>>> video file which is created progressively (by another
>>> servlet/software/Unix command/... not important ) and finally read
>>> and
>>> played by Quicktime.
>>> I use Apache and Tomcat so I've installed mod_jk
>>>
>>> All work well (-> MacOS and Windows) but... :
>>> If I go on     http://localhost:8080/my_test/BinaryStreaming     it
>>> works well with QuickTime 7 and QuickTime 6 (6, 6.5, 6.5.2, ...).
>>>
>>> I have mod_jk so I can go on
>>> http://localhost/my_test/BinaryStreaming       and here it still
>>> works
>>> well with QT7.
>>> But QT6 seems to wait that the video file is entirely created to
>>> start
>>> the viewing instead of starting to play the movie as soon as there is
>>> data in it, progressively.
>>> -> like it does with QT7 and QT6 with :8080  OR  when I use QT7
>>> without :8080.
>>>
>>> I think it's due to mod_jk but I've no idea to make it work
>>>

>>> I've found that another person had a similar problem, but no answer
>>> was given :
>>> http://www.junlu.com/msg/107218.html
>>>
>>> This message was posted in 09/2004 and it seems that Apache causes
>>> problems with pre-defined MIME-Types.
>>>

>>> Does someone have an answer or an idea ? :-)
>>> I really need to fix this ! :(
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.  :o)
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Jérôme