tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 5.5.10 tag time and tester failures
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 16:44:34 GMT
Yoav Shapira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When should we tag and cut 5.5.10?  I originally proposed tomorrow
> (Saturday) and that seems to be OK with everyone.  So unless I hear
> back, let’s do it tomorrow at 2pm my time (EDT), which is 1800h UTC:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?month=7&day=23&year=2005&hour=14&min=0&sec=0&p1=43&p2=0

> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converted.html?month=7&day=23&year=2005&hour=14&min=0&sec=0&p1=43&p2=0>.
>
> I tested the build and release, they work fine with the latest CVS HEAD,
> with the exception of two strange tester failure.  One is on the very
> first tester test, for /index.jsp, and while I don’t know why it fails,
> I don’t think it’s a big deal because virtually all the other tests
> pass.  The other failure is more intriguing: it’s the 4^th session test,
> and I also don’t know why it fails, but it’s worth looking into I think.

Session failures could be related to the IAE that is thrown for getId if
the session is invalid. This could break a lot of stuff. Usually,
failure at session tests means serious problems, however, and these two
failures seem suspicious.

The first test on index.jsp works for me. What do you get ?

Rémy