tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New tag ?
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:25:23 GMT
Yoav Shapira wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm OK with cutting 5.5.10 tomorrow or Saturday.  If that's too early, let's
> pick a different time.

I don't have further code changes to add in this build, it seems.

> After 5.5.10, I want to talk about SVN migration again ;)  I'm aware of the
> lack of satisfaction among the CVS GUI users, but infra is cutting off CVS
> on January 1st, and for me personally, August seems like a great time to do
> the transition since it's traditionally a low-activity period.

It's not really a UI thing for me. One feature I use often are revision
lists for a particular file, to be able to tell where a bug has been
introduced (I then do diffs between revisions). It seems with SVN I have
to retrieve the full revision list for the repository (which will take
hours). If someone can offer a workaround for this problem, then I'll
support a move to SVN :)

Rémy