tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Collin McClendon <collin.mcclen...@digiconasp.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk 1.2.10 and tomcat 5.5.9 buffer overflow
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2005 20:06:26 GMT
I've enabled the logging per your suggestions, and not having heard back
in a bit, I was hoping someone could clue in to why I get plenty of FINE
messages for org.apache.jk.common.MsgAjp,  but no  longer get SEVERE
messages.  I'm also trying consistently crash mod_jk, but not having
much luck, OpenCMS is the webapp invovled here, I haven't gotten any
feed back from their dev list.
Thanks,
Collin

Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Bill Barker wrote:
>
>> The message is simply that you have a header value that is too big
>> for the
>> AJP/1.3 protocol to handle.  If you enable DEBUG logging for
>> org.apache.jk.common.MsgAjp, you should get a dump of the partial
>> data that
>> should include the name of the bad header.
>

> Given the line, it could be a monster header value, possibly a cookie
> (the size is 18KB, which is way over the AJP/1.3 capabilities).
>
> Rémy (with the neophyte AJP developer hat on)

Collin McClendon
Sr. Microsoft Systems Engineer
Digicon Corporation
collin.mcclendon@digiconasp.com