tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Collin McClendon <collin.mcclen...@Digiconasp.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk 1.2.10 and tomcat 5.5.9 buffer overflow
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:57:14 GMT
Thanks so much for replying! I can understand that concept. Given that
we are using mod_jk to connect the Apache frontend to Tomcat running
OpenCMS on the backend, perhaps the way that the application is working
that is giving us this result?  Also in response to Bill, where can one
turn on
DEBUG logging for a specific class such as

org.apache.jk.common.MsgAjp

?

I'm thinking that would be in one of the xml config files and I will do
more research on that, but if you had a quick answer, I'd be happy to
hear it.
On the suggestion of Mladen Turk, I did upgrade to mod_jk 1.2.14, I hope
to see some difference there.
Thanks again,
Collin

Remy Maucherat wrote:

> Bill Barker wrote:
>
>> The message is simply that you have a header value that is too big
>> for the
>> AJP/1.3 protocol to handle.  If you enable DEBUG logging for
>> org.apache.jk.common.MsgAjp, you should get a dump of the partial
>> data that
>> should include the name of the bad header.
>

> Given the line, it could be a monster header value, possibly a cookie
> (the size is 18KB, which is way over the AJP/1.3 capabilities).
>
> Rémy (with the neophyte AJP developer hat on)

Collin McClendon
Sr. Microsoft Systems Engineer
Digicon, Inc.
collin.mcclendon@digiconasp.com