tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] SOC temporary committer Anders Nyman
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:48:35 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> At 01:25 PM 7/11/2005, you wrote:
>>If the ASF have some agreement with Google then it should
>>have created a 'SoC Google sandbox' not trying to force
>>every project to create a 'Google sandbox'.
>

> So it's unusual, and we aren't handing away keys to the entire
> kingdom.  But setting up a sandbox (not your problem, it's the
> mentors) and watching the progress (if it scratches your itch)
> is not an imposition on the individual project communities.

Well if Tim wants to mentor that project, then fine with me.
I'm sure he will ensure the integrity of the Tomcat source
outside that 'sandbox' repository.

If the project will have access and modify the files outside
that repository, I'll be strongly against that.

I'm sure the Tim will find a solution for a files that needs to
be changed and that are are of the core, by simply mirroring
them to the sandbox repository or something similar.

Regards,
Mladen.