tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Rossbach ...@objektpark.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat Session Replication & Portlets
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2005 07:26:14 GMT
Hey Eric,

which tomcat release you use?  I have change a lot inside the current
5.5 cvs head and hope your
work is compatible with this changes. I thing your changes is not easy
and you must reflect that other
Valves and Listener must also reflect your API deprecated CrossContext
feature. Why the Portlet API
need CrossContext?

Implementatation help: Your must rewrote the complete ReplicationValve
and JvmRouteBinderValve

Look inside ReplicationValve.invoke and get from Container the Cluster
CatalinaCluster cluster = (CatalinaCluster) getContainer.getCluster();
Currently you can get the complete list of the registerted application
managers....
It is not easy to detected changes coordinate the startup and restart
manager phase.. ( Look inside DeltaManager :-)
I thing you must coordinate your replication with other threads ... (
very bad sync blocks....).

have fun...
Peter