tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Christine Ho <>
Subject Support JSS in Tomcat
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 23:54:57 GMT
  Tomcat 5.5.x supports JSSE only. I am working on web
application which uses JSS
I need to run the web application on Tomcat 5.x. I
implemented the,
etc in the new package called I tried to specify the
SocketFactory class in server.xml but it doesnt work.
I thought we can do something like that:

           port="8443" minProcessors="5"
           acceptCount="10" debug="0" scheme="https"
           clientAuth="false" protocol="SSL"/>

It doesnt work at all. I looked at the source code and
found out that SSLImplementationName is always null.
Currently, I have to change the implementations array
in to include my implementation
class which is JSSImplementationClass. Then recompiled
the tomcat and it works. I just wonder if I overlook
some of the configuration parameters in server.xml. If
the server.xml in tomcat 5.5 does not support the
Factory parameter, then I would like to modify the
codes to support this feature. Therefore i dont need
to recompile the tomcat to include my
SSLServerSocketFactory implementation. Also I would
like to contribute my codes for the JSS
ServerSocketFactory implementation if you are

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message