tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Palmer <bikerx1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Callback after Servlet.service() ?
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2005 19:43:59 GMT
I have started on a small utility/project to provide
both JTA and usefull Connection handling utilities
(i.e. close() :-) for tomcat, under a BSD licence.

My goal is to provide it as a utiltiy that can be
installed into common/lib.

I need a callback after every Http request is
processed. I understand that a servlet filter could
provide this functionality. However I do not want to
modify an application's *.war file. I want to be able
to use this on third party apps. Is there such a
mechanism in tomcat, say through server.xml or some
other public API?

Or perhaps a suggestion?

Thanks
Mark