tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Support JSS in Tomcat
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 00:42:44 GMT
The <Factory> element is deprecated in TC 5.x.  In particular, you can't use
it to specify a SocketFactory.

You pass the FQN of your SSLImplementation to the Connector with something
like:
  <Connector protocol="HTTP/1.1" port="8443" secure="true" scheme="https"
sslProtocol="SSL"

sSLImplementation="org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jss.JSSImplementationClass" />

I'd be happy to review your implementation (assuming that the licensing is
compatible with ASF) if you want to submit it.  The easiest way is to open a
BZ enhancement request and attach your code to that.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christine Ho" <opensrc888@yahoo.com>
To: <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 4:54 PM
Subject: Support JSS in Tomcat

Hi,
  Tomcat 5.5.x supports JSSE only. I am working on web
application which uses JSS
(http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/jss/javadoc/)
I need to run the web application on Tomcat 5.x. I
implemented the JSSSocketFactory.java, JSSSupport.java
etc in the new package called
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jss. I tried to specify the
SocketFactory class in server.xml but it doesnt work.
I thought we can do something like that:

<Connector
className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
           port="8443" minProcessors="5"
maxProcessors="75"
           enableLookups="true"
           acceptCount="10" debug="0" scheme="https"
secure="true">
  <Factory
className="org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jss.JSSServerSocketFactory"
           clientAuth="false" protocol="SSL"/>
</Connector>

It doesnt work at all. I looked at the source code and
found out that SSLImplementationName is always null.
Currently, I have to change the implementations array
in SSLImplementation.java to include my implementation
class which is JSSImplementationClass. Then recompiled
the tomcat and it works. I just wonder if I overlook
some of the configuration parameters in server.xml. If
the server.xml in tomcat 5.5 does not support the
Factory parameter, then I would like to modify the
codes to support this feature. Therefore i dont need
to recompile the tomcat to include my
SSLServerSocketFactory implementation. Also I would
like to contribute my codes for the JSS
ServerSocketFactory implementation if you are
interested.

Christine

of this message and any attachments.

(unencrypted) e-mail.