tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Fontaine" <fontaine_bertr...@hotmail.com>
Subject DeployTask gives "MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: c"
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 12:41:38 GMT
Hello,

I have a problem with the ANT Deploy task. The error message is
"java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: c". I have found in the
archives that some people identified a bug that was giving the exact same
message. The problem has been fixed at that time in catalina-ant.jar.
However, I am running the latest versions of all libraries ... Here are the
details:

Tomcat: installed from jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9.exe
Ant: version 1.6.4
Java: SUN'JVM "1.5.0_03"
OS:Windows XP

Ant script extract:

<target name="install">
    <deploy url="${manager.url}"
        username="${manager.username}"
        password="${manager.password}"
        path="${app.path}"
        localWar="file:/C:/Training/training.war"
     />
</target>

In order to valide the syntax of the localWar argument, I wrote the
following program:

import ...

public class Test {

        URL url = Test.class.getResource("/training.war");
        System.out.println(url);

        DeployTask deployTask = new DeployTask();
        deployTask.setLocalWar(url.toString());
        deployTask.setUsername(...);
        deployTask.setPassword(...);
        deployTask.setUrl(...);
        deployTask.setPath(...);
        deployTask.execute();
        return;
   }
}

I don't have the error message and the web app is indeed deployed. However,
when I copy-paste the result of url.toString() in the XML version of the ANT
script (cf. extract), I have the error message.

Any idea ?

Bertrand