tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Derrick Koes" <derrick_k...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Regression -- jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native/common jk_uri_worker_map.c
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:56:08 GMT

What I mean by regression is that the URL rewriting bug was fixed in an
earlier version of JK (1.2.8), but is now broken.

What I mean by URL rewriting, is that if the session ID is written on the
URL rather than stored in a cookie, such as
;jsessionid=DE7E48D33B5EDFE59B448ABF8D74FE15.dkoes8009, JK does not maintain
it (removes it from the URL) correctly.  In a load balanced environment,
this results in the first request of the session going to one server and the
second, since JK thinks it needs a new session because ID is not maintained,
goes to a second server.

Thanks,
Derrick