tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Derrick Koes" <>
Subject Re: Regression -- jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native/common jk_uri_worker_map.c
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:56:08 GMT

What I mean by regression is that the URL rewriting bug was fixed in an
earlier version of JK (1.2.8), but is now broken.

What I mean by URL rewriting, is that if the session ID is written on the
URL rather than stored in a cookie, such as
;jsessionid=DE7E48D33B5EDFE59B448ABF8D74FE15.dkoes8009, JK does not maintain
it (removes it from the URL) correctly.  In a load balanced environment,
this results in the first request of the session going to one server and the
second, since JK thinks it needs a new session because ID is not maintained,
goes to a second server.

>From: Mladen Turk <>
>To: Tomcat Developers List <>
>Subject: Re: Regression -- jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native/common
>Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:59:45 +0200
>Derrick Koes wrote:
>>URL rewriting is once again broken.  1.2.14 exhibits the problem for
>>certain.  Older version may as well.  This was fixed in 1.2.8, but has
>>Has anyone else noticed the regression?
>Could you explain what do you mean by 'regression',
>and URL rewriting?
>If you give some example of what are you doing,
>what the JK does, and what in your opinion it should do,
>that would be helpful.
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: