tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "naqvik" <naq...@infosys.com>
Subject Proposal to incorporate Timer and WorkManager implementation in Tomcat
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:22:10 GMT

Hi Folks,

      I recently came to know that application threads are not
recommended on J2EE/Servlet engine environments. How ever, there could
be many applications, components which need to reside on servlet engine
or a J2EE container but still need to spawn their own threads
(contradictory needs ).

      What is your take on this?

     I have posted it on certain forums. But did not get many positive
in this URL :

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/dw_thread.jsp?forum=244&thr
ead=83882&cat=10

   I also thought of an idea:

    I want to start an open source project to implement the JSR for
"Timer and Work Manager for Application Servers"

        (http://dev2dev.bea.com/wlplatform/commonj/twm.html )

   Question to you folks would be. If I successfully build and release
this component under Apache license, would be guys be interested to
integrate?

   Hoping to get some early and positive responses to my mail.

Regards,

Khushnood Naqvi

e-mail system.