tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jaran Nilsen <jaran.nil...@gmail.com>
Subject Binding a servlet with a name to "global" context?
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:38:08 GMT
Hello, I am creating a servlet which I want to be registered by a
name, like JNDI, so that other applications running in Tomcat can look
up this servlet and call methods directly on it in addition to
accessing it via HTTP requests.

I have no problems registering it in the Context where the application
is running, but I would like to register it outside of this context,
more globally, so that the other applications can look it up. I try to
register it in the java:comp/env and java:comp contexts but I get the
message that "The Context is read only".

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jaran Nilsen