tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: Graceful restart on Windows [was Re: Adding working dynamically with mod_jk status?]
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 07:30:14 GMT
At 04:44 PM 5/31/2005, wrote:

>After some more digging, it *appears* that "apache -k restart" WILL do a
>graceful restart of Apache2 on Windoze.

Of course it will.

>Can anyone confirm this please?  And are there any "gotcha's" to watch out
>for?  Can someone explain exactly how this works?  eg if I am in the middle
>of a "chunk" (or series) of work  with a web browser and one of the
>tomcats, will it restart in the middle of that?

It has nothing to do with Tomcat [in fact it's mildly off-topic
here.]  Essentially, the old child with multiple workers is told
to quit it, so it stops accepting requests, and fulfills all the
pending requests it accept()ed.  And a new child is kicked off to
serve all future incoming requests.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message