tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Anderson <...@squeat.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk glitches
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 05:18:28 GMT
I should have trusted my instincts and not my math.   A size_t (32
bits on most machines) rolls over at 4 GB, not 4 MB... d'oh!   So
this falls apart under a decent load, after a day or two in my
case.   I guess I'll be going back to the "request" method.   For me,
that should last about 1000 days before rolling over.

I suggest that maybe doubles would be better for the read/write
bytes.   Although I still prefer a model that doesn't break at
rollover (reset all counters or moving averages for example).