tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jeanfrancois Arcand <jfarc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/java/org/apache/jk/server JkMain.java
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:10:23 GMT

Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
>
>> :-). Just take a look at the GlassFish module called
>> appserv-http-engine  on java.net
>> (http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jfarcand/). I'm sure you will like it
>> :-). And I'm sure this community can come with something even better....
>

> Yes, I do like parts of it: I'd say 80% of it is just a cool cut & paste
> of my HTTP code.

LOL :-) Don't know what formula you used to get 80% (might be more :-))
, but why would I re-write something that works pretty well :-).
Coyote/http11 was well designed, so was easy to extends. I got rid of
the thread pool and replaced the front end with an nio non blocking
approach, similar to what you did for APR.

-- Jeanfrancois