tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/java/org/apache/jk/server JkMain.java
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 15:40:37 GMT
Bill Barker wrote:

> Actually, on Solaris the big winner is ChannelNioSocket.  It wins the
> performance race easily now.  Too bad that NIO on Windows s*cks.  I
> guess that JFA was right, and non-blocking sockets is the way to go.

He he. We shall see :)

>> Now that I've looked at it a lot, however, I dislike the Java AJP
>> impl, as it's way overengineered in comparison to what it required by
>> the current Tomcat.
>

> Hey, I like the overengineering ;-).  Yeah, Costin got a little
> ambitious here before deciding to just use Coyote.  On the other hand,
> when Mladen wants you to implement unix sockets for AJP/APR, ChannelUn
> is going to start to look good ;-).

Well, ChannelUn is obsolete because there is no need to add the
additional JNI wrapper, because we already have one.

Both unix sockets and NT pipes will be supported, by adding a single
param 'localAddress' or something. The platform local socket
AF_UNIX or NTPIPE will be used depending on the platform itself.

Regards,
Mladen.