tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jni/native configure.in
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 07:56:04 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> At 02:01 AM 6/23/2005, Mladen Turk wrote:
>

>>> -        CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -DDEBUG -Wall"
>>> +        CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -DDEBUG"
>>
>>I would prefer that you add some platform case/esac that will
>>in ReliantUnix case add what ever you wish to the CFLAGS.
>

> Conversely, a compiler case/esac would avoid altogether breaking
> AIX, HP/UX, Reliant and a dozen other oddballs.  Forcing users to
> play cflags is really a symptom of a weak build system.

Something simple like:

    if test "$GCC" = "yes"; then
      CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -DDEBUG -Wall"
    elif test "$AIX_XLC" = "yes"; then
      CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -DDEBUG -qfullpath -qinitauto=FE -qcheck=all"
    elif test $MYCOMPILER = "yes"....; then
      CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -DDEBUG my what ever flags"
    else
      CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -DDEBUG"
    fi

Would do the trick ;)