tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <>
Subject Re: Summer of code - next steps?
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 00:57:00 GMT
I re-re-read the FAQ and here is what I interpret:

Anyone may submit to Google a proposal (any meaning a student). Google will
then take their favorite 200 and pass these along to the mentoring
organizations. The mentoring organizations can give a thumbs up or down
because they need to approve that the work was done at the end of the time

Its up to the discretion of each project to incorporate the code produced by
the student. But if the code is not worthy to be accepted, the student can
still be paid (by Google) if the mentor says its OK. [I would imagine there
could be cases where code is produced but not committed for a variety of

So it seems the wiki was a communication vehicle to let folks know what
project mentoring organizatoins were interested in since it was up the
mentoring organizations to say yes or no to whether they wish to mentor a
specific proposal.

I have no idea of the ramifications if multiple folks are interested in the
same project and it they should submit competing or complementary proposals.
I guess the google group dedicated to this has more information there.

Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Tim Funk wrote:
>> For those interested in Summer of code what do we need to do next? Is
>> having the Wiki up to date enough? And we sit back while participants
>> submit their proposals and Google chooses whom will get the stipend,
>> while the folks listed on the Wiki mentor?
> Very good questions :) I'm interested too.
> I added the JSTL tag plugins for Jasper as another project, BTW.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message