tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jni/native/src ssl.c sslcontext.c
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 10:06:09 GMT
jean-frederic clere wrote:

>> It does not, because it should fit inside the APR standard socket
>> implementation. Having callbacks would actually make a thing way slower,
>> because we would have to call the native, and from the native call the
>> Java that would call back the native again.
>

> Well we just need a nativeBIO and a javaBIO.

The plan is to use the:

1. apr_sock_accept/connect
2. obtain a os_sock
3. Make a BIO with os_sock_t
4. Use APR for socket_opt_set/socket_opt_get
5. Do a SSL_accept/SSL_connect
6. Make verify/handshake
7. use SSL_write/SSL_read for I/O.

All that will use the poller and the pool cleanup.

The Java part will go to the SSLSocket with the
Socket API with specific read* and write*

Regards,
Mladen.