tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jni/native/src ssl.c sslcontext.c
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 08:46:08 GMT
Bill Barker wrote:

>> I am not 100% happy with the code. Mladen already asked me to rollback
>> the changes.
>
> It looked OK to me.  Basically it's the APR implementation of SSLEngine.
> Don't really see a problem.

It does not, because it should fit inside the APR standard socket
implementation. Having callbacks would actually make a thing way slower,
because we would have to call the native, and from the native call the
Java that would call back the native again.

> Of course, I don't really care about the APR-SSL Connector one way or
> the other.  Since the config is the same as for mod_ssl, there is
> absolutely no reason to not simply use mod_ssl instead.  If I just
> wanted the native-code optimizations, I'd use PureTLS instead.

It's not an APR-SSL connector, but rather the SSL support for the APR
connector. Since all that is optional feel free to just not use it :)

Regards,
Mladen.