tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <>
Subject Re: Session Affinity after Graceful Apache restart? [was Re: Adding working dynamically with mod_jk status?]
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 19:08:48 GMT wrote:
>>First of all graceful restart will not work on Windows for any busy
>>server. I suggest that you move to some unix/linux version.
> Errr...could you explain why?  I was told on the Apache list that it does
> work on Windows...what am I missing?

It works of course, but IIRC you are planning to use it for
reconfiguring mod_jk. I think you might get into the problems
with shared memory (particularly on unix) because some child
might have a different idea about shared memory addresses.
If you do not delete any worker and add new one at the end
of the worker.list it might work.

Anyhow it's not something I would use in the production and rely on
its proper behavior.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message