tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Session Affinity after Graceful Apache restart? [was Re: Adding working dynamically with mod_jk status?]
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 17:37:01 GMT
dhay@lexmark.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been asking some more questions about restarts on the Apache list, and
> was redirected back here...
>
> Does anyone know (David, Mladen?) what will happen to session affinity is
> this situation?
>
> ie with Apache in front of several tomcats using mod_jk, when Apache is
> restarted "gracefully" using "apache -k restart" (Windows) will session
> affinity be preserved across the restart?  ie will browsers with a session
> open with a particular Tomcat continue being directed to that particular
> Tomcat after the restart?

First of all graceful restart will not work on Windows for any busy
server. I suggest that you move to some unix/linux version.

And yes, the session affinity will be preserved because it is
related to the worker name and jvmRoute.

Also, like somebody already told you: The easiest is to try by yourself,
and then come up with the real problem.

Regards,
Mladen.