tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject AJP using APR
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 15:42:14 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to add my WIP code for AJP based on APR. It's not done yet, but
it would be convinient to have the code there, just in case. It won't be
compiled in or used (even if APR is available) for now, to avoid
possible problems.

I used the package org.apache.coyote.ajp for it, and it reuses most of
the message code, parsing and composition from regular AJP. One of the
issues I'm facing, however, is that the usage of JNI will make the
current code subpar, where it would be a lot better to do message
reading and writing (this means composition of the messages to avoid
useless bytes copying) using direct buffers. So there's a lot of work
left, and it will remain experimental for a little while.

Rémy