tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/util/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/mapper HostMap.java Mapper.java
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2005 17:41:50 GMT
George Sexton wrote:
> There's no justification here. Explain why you think the code is "bad" it's
> actually a hell of a lot cleaner and easier to follow than the original
> code, and it's 15% faster. What exactly are your criteria for measuring
> goodness.

I stated the reason, and the main one is that it should I think be more
generic. The performance improvement is just a lame trick to push
through your feature, as this could as well be submitted as two separate
patches (the first one being the optimizations, and the second one the
wildcard host feature addition which I would -1).

"hell of a lot" just made me laugh, BTW ;)

Rémy