tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Rossbach>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/util/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/mapper
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2005 05:01:28 GMT

Remy Maucherat schrieb:

> Peter Rossbach wrote:
>> Hey Remy,
>> For usefull feature I don't give up :-)
> Fine, I'll just revert your patch then ;)
Hmm, thanks for that... :-(

>> The default of host alias matching is off. The current implementation
>> is little bit fast
>> then the old one. (Great) Every user of this feature can limit the
>> dynamic host addition with
>> <Connector port="8080" allowedAliasMatches="10" />
> The issue is that this mechanism is bad, period.
Why it is so bad? The implementation was faster then the revert mapper
state. What is a better way to implement this feature?

>> The wild card alias usage is very useful for tomcat hoster. Now the
>> customer can use
>> a new host subdomain without change the server.xml. Very nice and the
>> admin must do nothing.
> And the usefulness of that is non existent as well. What's the purpose
> of "adding" hosts if they are all the same ?
Easy: Hoster has installed the site with and later your
customer want,,  or you have an
(blog,wiki,cms) that people can register and then there get an own
universe (new subdomain). Currently I add new Alias to the Host section and
save the server.xml without context.xml writing ( feature from new
storeconfig module).
(Bill: the com.sun... package not used inside code... My fault.)