tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Rossbach ...@objektpark.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/util/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/mapper HostMap.java Mapper.java
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2005 15:36:27 GMT
Hey Remy,

For usefull feature I don't give up :-)

The default of host alias matching is off. The current implementation is
little bit fast
then the old one. (Great) Every user of this feature can limit the
dynamic host addition with
<Connector port="8080" allowedAliasMatches="10" />

The wild card alias usage is very useful for tomcat hoster. Now the
customer can use
a new host subdomain without change the server.xml. Very nice and the
admin must do nothing.

simple add first time <Alias>*.mydomain.net</Alias>  to your host.

+1 vote for this feature.

Peter