tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/util/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/mapper HostMap.java Mapper.java
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2005 14:57:08 GMT
pero@apache.org wrote:
> pero        2005/06/04 05:32:53
>
>   Modified:    util/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/mapper Mapper.java
>   Added:       util/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/mapper HostMap.java
>   Log:
>   Support Host Alias matching with Connector attribute allowedAliasMatches
>   Submitted by George Sexton

You're not giving up, eh ? ;) Good, because neither do I.

First, the bad behavior of the algorithm (adding hosts) has not been
changed. Everything seems to indicate that the algorithm is bound to
mess up any possible dynamic management of hosts.

I also have to insist that this feature addition is useless. The idea of
using a different algorithm for exact matching is good (not critical,
but good), but I am agaist this wildcard host feature.

-1.

Rémy