tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Dudley <sc...@telesoft.com>
Subject WebappLoader and Auto-Detection of Class Changes
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 19:46:01 GMT

I extended WebappLoader.java to create a custom classloader to allow me
to append an alternate set of class folders.  The loader works as
intended but I noted that it doesn't detect any changes to these
resources and call Context.reload() as is the case with WEB-INF/classes,
lib, and any <WatchedResource> entries.  What am I missing.  Looking at
WebappLoader.java and I fail to notice the mechanism which provides said
functionality.

Many thanks.

--

Regards,