tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Initial apr results
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 01:16:03 GMT
My test box was an HP-UX 9000/800/L1000-44 - Dual CPU (440 MHz)

On my initial tests with the APR connector - the APR connector "seemed"
slower the "old" http connector. But the difference is mild and my initial
numbers are flaky. On the same hardware - I am running 6 other instances (of
different versions) of tomcat at the same time which may be throwing my
numbers off.

During some slow time - I might be able to take most of them down and run
some more tests to try to ensure I am hogging all the resources to the box
and not sharing them.

For those curious - for /tomcat.gif - my requests per second range anywhere
from 1200+ to 5000+ - Due to such a large range - I have no confidence in my
numbers so far to reach any conclusion.

I was using the command:
  /usr/local/httpd/bin/ab -n 1000 -c 100 -k http://myserver:8090/tomcat.gif

With keepalive off - I was still easily over 1000 requests per second for
tomcat.gif.

-Tim