tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <>
Subject Summer of code
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 09:52:26 GMT

"Correct Servlet Specification violation in reading manifests", aka bug
34993, is quite inappropriate for a full fledged summer project. The bug
is actually invalid, but more generally the project would be far too
short (see o.a.c.util.ExtensionValidator for the implementation of the
extension check mechanism mandated by the specification).

Similarly, "Tune Jasper Performance for Multiple JSPs" should IMO be a
more general "Tune Jasper Compilation Performance" :)

"Enhance Tomcat to support one-to-many mapping of security roles" might
be also too short.

I'd like to propose adding the following things to the summer of code:
- tag plugins implementation for JSTL (finally)
- improve admin/management tools (?)

Anyway, we need a community discussion on summer of code proposals.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message