tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jni/native/src ssl.c sslcontext.c
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 07:42:53 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "jean-frederic clere" <jfrederic.clere@fujitsu-siemens.com>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 12:20 AM
Subject: Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jni/native/src ssl.c
sslcontext.c

> jfclere@apache.org wrote:
>> jfclere     2005/06/08 09:52:58
>>
>>   Modified:    jni/examples/org/apache/tomcat/jni SSLServer.java
>>                jni/java/org/apache/tomcat/jni BIOCallback.java SSL.java
>>                         SSLContext.java
>>                jni/native/src ssl.c sslcontext.c
>>   Log:
>>   Change the BIOCallback interface to use write(byte[] buf) and
>>   read(byte[] buf);
>>   Add SSL_accept to do the client handshake.
>>   Arrange the corresponding example.
>>

> +++ CUT +++
>
> Hi,
>
> I am not 100% happy with the code. Mladen already asked me to rollback the
> changes. I think the worst thing is setSock() I have added to BIOCallback.
> My idea is/was to use BIOCallback or a similar interface to be able to
> openssl either with normal JAVA sockets or APR native ones.
>
> Comments?

It looked OK to me.  Basically it's the APR implementation of SSLEngine.
Don't really see a problem.

Of course, I don't really care about the APR-SSL Connector one way or the
other.  Since the config is the same as for mod_ssl, there is absolutely no
reason to not simply use mod_ssl instead.  If I just wanted the native-code
optimizations, I'd use PureTLS instead.