tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/util/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/mapper HostMap.java Mapper.java
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2005 19:27:13 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Remy Maucherat" <remm@apache.org>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2005 10:29 AM
Subject: Re: cvs commit:
jakarta-tomcat-connectors/util/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/mapper
HostMap.java Mapper.java

>Peter Rossbach wrote:
>> Hey Remy,
>>
>> For usefull feature I don't give up :-)
>
>Fine, I'll just revert your patch then ;)
>
>> The default of host alias matching is off. The current implementation is
>> little bit fast
>> then the old one. (Great) Every user of this feature can limit the
>> dynamic host addition with
>> <Connector port="8080" allowedAliasMatches="10" />
>
>The issue is that this mechanism is bad, period.

I have to agree with Remy on this.  The issue is that the code is just plain
bad :(.  So I'm going to add my -1 to the patch until the mechanism is
cleaned up.  In fact, I'd have -1ed it just for the "import com.sun....."
line alone.

>> The wild card alias usage is very useful for tomcat hoster. Now the
>> customer can use
>> a new host subdomain without change the server.xml. Very nice and the
>> admin must do nothing.
>
>And the usefulness of that is non existent as well. What's the purpose of
>"adding" hosts if they are all the same ?
>
>> simple add first time <Alias>*.mydomain.net</Alias>  to your host.
>>
>> +1 vote for this feature.
>
>-1 vote for this feature.
>
>Rémy

of this message and any attachments.