tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: AJP using APR
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 05:04:46 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Remy Maucherat" <remm@apache.org>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 8:42 AM
Subject: AJP using APR

>Hi,
>
>I'd like to add my WIP code for AJP based on APR. It's not done yet, but it
>would be convinient to have the code there, just in case. It won't be
>compiled in or used (even if APR is available) for now, to avoid possible
>problems.

So, where is it already?  Some of use want to see how you can beat Costin
;-).

>I used the package org.apache.coyote.ajp for it, and it reuses most of the
>message code, parsing and composition from regular AJP. One of the issues
>I'm facing, however, is that the usage of JNI will make the current code
>subpar, where it would be a lot better to do message reading and writing
>(this means composition of the messages to avoid useless bytes copying)
>using direct buffers. So there's a lot of work left, and it will remain
>experimental for a little while.

If I understand you correctly, you want MsgAjp to use ByteBuffer instead of
byte [].  At the cost of never supporting JDK 1.3 ever again, this would
probably actually improve the performance of ChannelSocket (after changing
it to use a blocking SocketChannel).

>Rémy

of this message and any attachments.

(unencrypted) e-mail.