tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/util/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/mapper HostMap.java Mapper.java
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2005 19:45:33 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Sexton" <gsexton@mhsoftware.com>
To: "'Tomcat Developers List'" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2005 8:53 AM
Subject: RE: cvs commit:
jakarta-tomcat-connectors/util/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/mapper
HostMap.java Mapper.java

Well, the gratuitous cloning of the HostMap is bad for one.  It looks like
an attempt to avoid a sync in a non-critial path, but of course it can't
possibly work.

Before I could move to +1, the code would have to be (like Remy says) a lot
more generic.  Especially with pre-compiled JSPs, there are a lot of cases
where you'd get a lot more bang doing this type of optimization for
servlet-mappings than for Hosts.

>> mechanism is
>> cleaned up.  In fact, I'd have -1ed it just for the "import
>> com.sun....."
>> line alone.
>>

> I don't know what you are looking at. My submission had NO com.sun.xxx
> class
> imports.

I'm looking at the commit message, obviously.  That's what we are voting on
;-).