tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From d...@lexmark.com
Subject Re: Adding working dynamically with mod_jk status?
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 18:36:41 GMT

Any ideas or recommendations on this?

cheers,

David

|         |           dhay@lexmark.com |
|         |           05/23/2005 04:46 |
|         |           "Tomcat          |
|         |           Developers List" |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       "Tomcat Developers List" <tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
                              |
  |       cc:
                        |
  |       Subject:  Re: Adding working dynamically with mod_jk status?
                        |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hi Mladen,

Sure...we have a system that uses multiple Tomcats (with Apache/mod_jk
upfront, of course).  We would like to make it easy for the user to add
another server to the mix.  Hence, we'd like to add the new worker to the
Apache config programmatically (we'd like to be able to delete them too, if
they cut down the number of servers they're using.  I think we can just
stop it using the status app.)

Would it be easy to add to the status code?

Comments?

cheers,

David

|         |           Mladen Turk      |
|         |           <mturk@apache.org|
|         |           >                |
|         |           05/23/2005 04:31 |
|         |           "Tomcat          |
|         |           Developers List" |

dhay@lexmark.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way in the current implementatio to **add** a new worker
(for
> a new Tomcat instance) dynamically?  Using mod_jk status?  Another way?

No.

Can you elaborate why would you need such a feature?

Regards,
Mladen.