tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From d...@lexmark.com
Subject Re: Adding working dynamically with mod_jk status?
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 21:29:15 GMT

Hi David,

That sounds perfect....but I've got to work on Windows too.  Do you know if
there's a way to do it on Win?

thanks!

David

|         |           David Rees       |
|         |           <drees76@gmail.co|
|         |           m>               |
|         |           05/25/2005 02:37 |
|         |           "Tomcat          |
|         |           Developers List" |

On 5/25/05, dhay@lexmark.com wrote:

> Is this still true if we were to define "extra" workers that are marked
as
> disabled at startup?  Could we then point them to any new servers as they
> are added and enable them without a restart?  I know it's not very clean,
> but would it work?
>
> We'd *really* like to find a way around having to force a restart.

Have you seen if a graceful restart of Apache works for you?  Graceful
restarts of Apache have worked for me in the past to add new workers
without dropping requests.

-Dave