tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/http11/src/java/org/apache/coyote/http11/filters SavedRequestInputFilter.java
Date Sun, 22 May 2005 17:59:38 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>
> The input filter is added to the processor during the processing of the
> final request in the FORM authentication sequence and the data in it is
> consumed during the processing of this request. There is no need for
> this filter, or the data in it, to persist across multiple requests.
>
> Data is persisted between requests (of course it has to be so FORM auth
> can take place) but this is done in the session and therefore it does
> not matter if the processor that handles the original request is
> different from the one that handles the FORM auth request or the final
> redirect to the original URL.
>
> At the moment I do see what is so badly broken about this that justifies
> a -1.

If this still goes to the session, then the -1 is not justified. The
code is not done in a way that is very intuitive to me, so that's the
only issue then, and it's not relevant.

I still have trouble with the concept of saving any POST data, which
tends to be far bigger than parameters (and retrospectively, I have
trouble allowing this many parameters). This would kill clustered
Tomcats setups. Could the default be a very small value (like 64KB or
something) ?

Rémy