tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/http11/src/java/org/apache/coyote/http11/filters SavedRequestInputFilter.java
Date Sun, 22 May 2005 17:50:45 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> markt@apache.org wrote:
>>   Implement request body replay action.
>>   New input filter used to insert the request body.
>
> This is probably not going to work with the APR protocol, since a
> subsequent request may be processed by a different processor.
>
> All this proves saving POST data is a severly broken concept. I would
> like to get back to the previous situation, and have this whole thing
> reverted.
>
> As a result, here's my official -1 to all these POST data related changes.

The input filter is added to the processor during the processing of the
final request in the FORM authentication sequence and the data in it is
consumed during the processing of this request. There is no need for
this filter, or the data in it, to persist across multiple requests.

Data is persisted between requests (of course it has to be so FORM auth
can take place) but this is done in the session and therefore it does
not matter if the processor that handles the original request is
different from the one that handles the FORM auth request or the final
redirect to the original URL.

At the moment I do see what is so badly broken about this that justifies
a -1.

Mark