tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hybrid (NIO+Multithread, SSL enabled) architecture for Coyote
Date Fri, 20 May 2005 10:05:51 GMT
Vicenç Beltran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> attached you'll find a patch that changes the coyote multithreading
> model to a "hybrid" threading model (NIO+Mulithread). It's fully
> compatible with the existing Catalina code and is SSL enabled.
>
> diff -uprN
> jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9-src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/http11/src/java/org/apache/coyote/http11/Http11Processor.java

Can't you simply make two new files
Http11NioProcessor and Http11NioProtocol.

Trying to change default implementation that Tomcat uses will never
be committed (at least I'll vote -1 on that).

Simply create two files that can be used instead current implementation,
in a fashion we did for Http11AprProtocol.

Regards,
Mladen.