tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AJP/Java connector issues
Date Thu, 19 May 2005 21:19:11 GMT
Bill Barker wrote:

> I see what this is now:  The default Connector OutputBuffer size is 8K,
> so it's sending the output to JkInputStream in 8K chunks.  JkInputStream
> sends all of the 8K to Apache in two chunks.
>
> As a Coyote OutputBuffer, it's not really JkInputStream's job to do
> additional buffering.  It's probably better to do
> response.setBufferSize(20000); so that the Connector will send the whole
> thing to JkInputStream as one chunk.

Sure that seems to be the problem, but it's hard to convince the users
to write the applications having AJP packet size in mind ;)
The best would be that instead default 8192 bytes, when AJP connector
is loaded that response size is either set to 8184 or 16386 bytes
(one or two packets) by default.

Is something like that possible?

Regards,
Mladen.