tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-catalina/catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/servlets
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 10:38:32 GMT
jean-frederic clere wrote:
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
> but
> tells about fileEncoding:
> +++
>  File encoding to be used when reading static resources. [platform default]
> +++
> My "platform default" is OSD_EBCDIC_DF04_1 I have no chances to convince
> the users to use UTF-8 for text files! and httpd (apache-1.3) it is
> serving those files correctly.

Do you mean it has the same kind of ugly check for text files, and the
same kind of file encoding option, and the same reencoding ?

> What about converting the files when reading them?

No. I contend resources must be served as is in the default operation
mode of DefaultServlet. If you disagree with that, you can use a filter,
right ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message