tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Initial test of APR on Solaris
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 08:55:12 GMT
Bill Barker wrote:
> I can get the test to finish if I synchronize around the 'Poll.poll'
> statement in the Poller.  However, doing this sends the perfomance right
> through the floor :(.  I'm guessing it's a problem with doing an add and/or

Yes, it's probably too extreme syncing (100 ms locking) ;)

> remove (most likely remove, since it hangs when test threads are finishing)
> at the same time that it's in the middle of a poll.

Actually, nobody calls the Poller.remove method anymore (poll will
remove returned sockets automatically), so it must be a sync issue with
add. I left the remove method in case Mladen changes his mind.

I did some profiling yesterday, but didn't see anything interesting so far.

Rémy