tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: APR distro
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 11:17:37 GMT
Yoav Shapira wrote:
> Hi,
> While I'm following the performance testing with interest, I want to start
> thinking about packaging for 5.5.11.  I imagine HttpAprConnector will be
> compiled and jarred with the rest of the connector stuff, so that's easy.

Right, there's not much to do.

> We also add HttpAprConnector to the configuration reference, with
> instructions to download APR from apr.apache.org and follow its installation
> instructions.  Is there a minimum APR version?

Yes, we need a page on APR.

If possible, it would be good to announce APR support officially when:
- SSL support is present
- AJP support is present (I'll do that), which should help a few use
cases (not that many, though)
- it is tested and proven to work (for example, I don't understand
Bill's test results), or at least we know which platforms work well
(Linux seems ok, which is good as it's the one which is the target for
APR - most small one machine servers run Linux; Windows has poller size
issues by default; Solairs is behaving in some weird way to be investigated)

Or do you want to say stuff without SSL and AJP ? (I'm going to insist
on the "proven to work" part, though)

Rémy