tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Rossbach ...@objektpark.de>
Subject Re: Code Submission - Wild Card Aliases
Date Tue, 03 May 2005 04:27:43 GMT
Hey Geroge,

I review the mapper patch. Cool!

I think getHosts is a little bit strange:

What you think about this:

    public String[] getHosts() {
        Host[] hosts ;
       synchronized(this) {
             hosts=new Host[hmHosts.size()];
             hosts=(Host[])hmHosts.values().toArray(hosts);
        }
        String[] hostNames=new String[hmHosts.size()];
         for ( int i = 0; i < hosts.length; i++ ) {
            hostNames[i] = hosts[i].name;
        }
        return hostNames ;
     }

I thing sync is needed. I miss that also at orginal mapper. The host
values "get array" you also coded at getContextNames().
Can we change getHost to be protected.

Have you wrote junit testcases for the Mapper ?
     Please, extract the testcode. I hate those test code inside
production code :-)

I find you patch very usefull!

Thanks
Peter