tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Remy Maucherat <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Initial test of APR on Solaris
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 22:59:01 GMT
Bill Barker wrote:
> I was surprised that it worked at 150.  I guess my crappy XP box was too
> slow to give real throughput :).
>
> The OOM message came from ThreadPool, which doesn't log stack traces.
> I'll need to hack ThreadPool to see where it's getting thrown from.  The
> box is pretty old and small (which is why it's mostly a test-bed these
> days :), but the memory usage reported by 'top' wasn't that high.  It's
> probably some other resource, since Sun throws OOM for everything.  I'll
> see if I can find out Monday.

Right, I see the error now. The issue seems to be that the APRized HTTP
connector is apparently using a little more memory than the regular
connector (something like 10% more). Increasing mx fixes it without
further issues (on Windows). The regular HTTP produces the same
stackless OOM with only a few more concurrent requests (350 starts
causing some trouble for me) if using the standard JVM memory settings.

Rémy