tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From NormW <no...@bocnet.com.au>
Subject Re: [ANN/VOTE] JK 1.2.11 Released
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 08:57:00 GMT
Hello and Good Evening from Au.
Thanks for the _very fast_ feedback and clarifies points I had not
discovered.  :-)  Hopefully the pieces of information you provided will
eventually make it into the docs? Even the 'global' nature of the
retries parameter when used on the lb worker would be of potential use
to some users and is not mentioned in the ajp13 section either. :-)

I'm not sure if it's a NetWare bug only, but for interest I have two
JkEnvVar entries in my .conf and noticed they were not displayed when
using the /admin tool with 5.0.30 Tomcat (Resources/MemVars). Or does
this only show values set at the Tomcat end?

The Jk docs show a sample for the JkEnvVar directive as:

   JkEnvVar     SSL_CLIENT_V_START

but Apache expects a two part answer:

AP_INIT_TAKE2("JkEnvVar", jk_add_env_var, NULL, RSRC_CONF,
               "Adds a name of environment variable that should be sent "
               "to servlet-engine")

Most directives are global AFAIK, but it might be of use (to those that
need it) if JkEnvVar settings could be limited to directory or location
requests if desired, rather than passed to Tomcat for _every_ request.

Regards,
Norm