tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Yoav Shapira" <yoa...@MIT.EDU>
Subject RE: rfe
Date Sat, 28 May 2005 16:09:38 GMT
Hi,
First, please don't cross-post to both tomcat-user and tomcat-dev.

>  I was wondering if any one other than me has had the need to use a run-
> time
> 'before-bootstrapping' and 'cleaning-after-at-the-very-end' type of
> functionality.

If I do, there are other places for this that don't require hacking.  They
include the LifecycleListeners you can attach to Tomcat's containers, webapp
ServletContextListeners, class static initializers, and the JVM's shutdown
hooks.  Because all these are present, I don't think your RFE is needed by a
lot of people (if any, except you), so I wouldn't be gung-ho about adding it
to Tomcat.

Yoav